2017 Wales Year of Legends Team Building Competition
Year of Legends Competition
In 2017 Wales is celebrating its epic past, present and future bringing the past to life like never before, with attractions, events and activities at legendary locations across Wales. We’re also creating new Welsh legends, immersing visitors in our epic story, and making new legendary experiences. This is our Year of Legends.
Wales is an ancient landscape, with history and myth wherever you look. It’s a land of majestic mountains and mighty skies, fringed with an impressive coastline. But it’s also a land of epic thinking and high adventure. Everywhere you go, there are innovative ideas, in ancient places.
A fifth of the country is National Park. This epic landscape is scattered with standing stones and burial chambers, left there by our Prehistoric ancestors. Then there are our legendary castles: 641 of them, more per square mile than anywhere on Earth.
The Competition Prize
We will take you on a guided walk to one of the most enchanted off the beaten track locations in the Brecon Beacons National Park in South Wales -to see Llyn y Fan Fach and Llyn Y Fan Fawr. With Llyn y Fan Fawr there is nowhere more atmospheric than this cathedral like glacial lake backed by the imposing escarpment of Fan Brycheiniog. We would question anyone who is not inspired by the special qualities of this magical location.
Llyn y Fan Fawr (Welsh: ‘lake of the big peak’) is a natural lake and one of the largest glacial lakes in southern Wales. Llyn y Fan Fach (Welsh: ‘lake of the small peak’) lies about 2 miles to the west is of similar origin and slightly smaller in size.
Learn about the Famous Tale of The Lady of the Lake
The 14th century Red Book of Hergest, one of the most ancient manuscript volumes in existence, contains a tale set which begins beside Llyn-y-Fan Fach. The same tale is recorded in Mabinogion, a collection of Welsh folktales that date back to medieval times.
According to the story, a Carmarthenshire farmer once saw a beautiful woman sitting on a rock in Lyn-y-Fan Fach… and our guide will tell the rest of the story to you.
Maen Mawr and the Stone Circle of Cerrig Duon
It sounds like something from Lord of the Rings but these are actual places. Maen Mawr is a 1.9 metre high standing stone and is the largest member of an alignment comprising three visible stones. It forms part of a prehistoric ritual complex which includes the Cerrig Duon stone circle behind it and an avenue of stones. These are close to the lakes above and will be included in the walk.
The Welsh name for fairies is Tylwyth Teg. They are seen dancing in moonlight nights on the velvety grass. Learn more about our own Welsh fairies during the walk.
Stand Out From Your Competitors!
Companies are always striving to get the best out of your staff. Often companies and organisations are trying to do more with less. How can you achieve this without it costing the earth? Well enter our competition and you are in with a chance of winning a free team day with us for up to 12 people. No better way of providing:-
- A reward or an incentive for a team
- Helping with with company health and wellbeing agenda
- Building trust and relationships within a team for improved performance back in the workplace
Multi-award winning Call of the Wild, the current Welsh Business Tourism Company of the Year, former Team Building Company of the Year are offering you the opportunity of understanding how you can start improving the performance of your team.
Prior to your visit to our centre we’ll discuss your exact needs so we can tailor a programme that fits yours requirements in order to maximise the benefit to you. Our objective is to ensure learning is transferred back to the workplace.
Terms and Conditions
- All interested parties will be entered into a prize draw.
- All entries have to be submitted by midday on TBC.
This draw will take place at midday on TBC.
- You will only be entered into the draw if you have completed the form above.
- By entering the draw you agree to receive our quarterly newsletter.
- Your personal information will be held and used in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. Call of the Wild will not disclose such information to any unauthorised person or body.
- The team day will take place at in South Wales (details supplied on request).
- A maximum of 12 people can attend the day.
- The content of the programme and it’s duration will be discussed with the winners. However the day will not start before 9am and will not finish later than 5pm.
- The date of the event has to be agreed by us and we are under no obligation to provide an alternative date should the original be cancelled by the winner. However we will make every effort to find a mutually agreeable alternative.
- We reserve the right to cancel the event but will endeavour to provide alternatives dates should such circumstances arise.
- No cash alternative is available.
- Packed lunch not included.
- No transport included.
- No accommodation included.