News

Shortlisted in Training Journal Awards 2019

Training Journal AwardsLast week the shortlisted finalists for the Training Journal Awards 2019 were announced and we were lucky enough to have made it to the last four in the Best Engagement Programme category.

We’re delighted to be even shortlisted at these prestigious awards.

Sarah Morteo Joins the Call of the Wild Team

Sarah MorteoWe are delighted this month to welcome Sarah to the team in the role of National Training & Account Manager

Sarah is an expert in learning and development with a particular knowledge of apprenticeships.  She has had major accounts with leading hospitality brands  including  national hotels,  national restaurant chains and a leading UK pub brand.

Our MD Shortlisted For An Institute of Directors Award

We are delighted to announce that our MD, Geraint Lewis, has been shortlisted for an Institute of Directors Award in the Corporate Social Responsibility Category. The winners are announced at the ceremony on 17th May 2019. Fingers crossed!

Lone Workers – Are You Aware of Your Legal Obligations

Is it legal to work alone and is it safe? Working alone is not in itself against the law and it will often be safe to do so. However, the law requires employers to consider carefully, and then deal with, any health and safety risks for people working alone. Employers are responsible for the health, safety and welfare at work of all their workers. They also have responsibility for the health and safety of any contractors or self-employed people doing work for them.

Winners At Regional Business Awards 2019

We are delighted to announce that on 22nd February we won the Best Entrepreneurial Business category at the Swansea Bay Regional Business Awards 2019.

This is the second time we’ve won an award at these awards which is very gratifying.

HSE Fines Small Business £32,000

Working at height

A small business , Duncan Plumbing heating & Electrics of Tockwith has been fined £32,000 and ordered to pay £2,424.60 in costs after one of its

workers was injured at work while installing a flue for a heating system.