City and Guilds Level 5 Occupational Health & Safety
NVQ Level 5 Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety Practice
Level5 NVQ Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety Practice provides essential occupational health and safety knowledge and skills, from conducting risk assessments to introducing procedures and promoting a culture of health and safety in the workplace for those who are responsible for or looking to start a career in health and safety in an organisation in any industry.
The Level 5 NVQ Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety Practice can be used as entrance to IOSH Graduate Membership. It is aimed at those who wish to develop their skills and knowledge in managing health and safety for the workplace.
Ideal for those who will have an autonomous role in their organisation for managing health and safety policy and practice, with direct report to or be part of the senior management team.
To achieve the Level 5 NVQ Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety Practice, learners must achieve a total of 108 credits from the following mandatory units.
Mandatory Units Credits City & Guilds Unit Code
- Develop and implement effective communication systems for health and safety information 8 401
- Promote a positive health and safety culture 10 501
- Develop and maintain individual and organisational competence in health and safety matters 5 502
- Identify, assess and control health and safety risks 18 503
- Develop and implement proactive monitoring systems for health and safety 10 504
- Develop and implement reactive monitoring systems for health and safety 15 505
- Develop and implement health and safety emergency response systems and procedures 12 506
- Develop and implement health and safety review systems 8 507
- Maintain knowledge of improvements to influence health and safety practice 8 508
- Develop and implement the health and safety policy 14 601
How Is The Course Delivered?
The course takes one year to complete.
We have a number of options for the method of delivery which include:
• Ten group theory sessions followed by focused mentor support and assessment;
• Client bespoke – i.e. group theory sessions over two consecutive weeks, two days the first week and two days the following week.
As an established course provider, we are accredited with the Institute of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH), City and Guilds and the Chartered Institute of Environmental Health (CIEH)
This course is delivered by our experienced trainers who have extensive Health, Safety and Environmental experience in their field.
A certificate is issued by City and Guilds denoting successful achievement of the course.
£1550.00 per person
TBA with the client
For more information please contact:
Health and Safety Training Manager