Health and Safety in the Workplace Level 3 CIEH
CIEH Level 3 Award in Health and Safety in the Workplace
This qualification provides a thorough understanding of health and safety emphasising the importance of monitoring staff and controls. It also details the need for a structured management approach to health and safety and the key factors in implementing health and safety policy.
Successful completion of the training programme and assessment will enable candidates to understand:
• the terminology used in respect of health and safety;
• the benefits of ensuring high standards of health and safety in the workplace;
• the principles of risk assessment and its role in a health and safety management system;
• key aspects of the UK legal system for health and safety and enforcement practices;
• how to identify and control common workplace hazards;
• the role of personal protective equipment in reducing risk;
• the requirements for welfare provision in the workplace;
• how to promote a positive health and safety culture;
• the importance of consultation and good communication on health and safety;
• the need to keep records relating to health and safety matters;
• the means of monitoring the effectiveness of control measures;
• the role of training in motivating safe behaviour and adherence to health and safety procedures;
• the supervisor’s role in ensuring compliance with legal.
No previous health and safety knowledge is required.
The level 3 health and safety training course covers the following topics:
• Concept of health and safety;
• Accidents in the workplace;
• Ill health in the workplace;
• Legal provisions (UK only);
• Health and safety organisation and management;
• Supervising health and safety.
You will complete a multiple choice exam at the end of the course.
How Is The Course Delivered?
It is a one day course delivered in six hours tailored to suit the needs of your organisation.
As an established course provider, COTW Training is accredited with the Institute of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH), City and Guilds and the Chartered Institute of Environmental Health (CIEH).
This course is delivered by our experienced trainers who have extensive Health and Safety experience across numerous sectors.
A certificate is issued by CIEH denoting successful achievement of the course.
£99.00 per person.
TBA with the client.
For more information please contact:
Health and Safety Training Manager