Grow Your Business With Funded LANTRA Courses
Grow and Improve Profitability for Your Agriculture and Land-based Business
Grow Your Business, Improve Business Efficiency & Profitability
LANTRA Business Qualifications with 70% Funding – Driving Growth in Agriculture & Land-Based Businesses
LANTRA have launched their business qualifications in the agriculture and the land-based sector. However don’t be put off by the title as these have been designed to help individuals and organisations access accredited qualifications with a view to growing your business together with enhancing business performance and efficiency. The good news is the qualifications attract 70% funding so you only have to pay 30% of the cost (subject to eligibility). To be eligible:-
- Individuals must be employed or self-employed within the sector
- The business must be located in Wales
- The business or individual must not be in receipt of any other public funding for the same activity (training)
Call of the Wild Ltd, in partnership with ‘Simply The Best’ Training Consultancy, have been selected as as approved training providers to deliver the qualifications. We are acknowledged experts in our field allowing you to reap the benefits of our knowledge!
Who Are Call of the Wild and Simply the Best
Multi-award winning Call of the Wild is an independently-owned, limited company based in Wales that offers leadership and management and business development programmes to individuals and organisations across the UK. Since starting up in 1998 we have worked with a wide range of clients, from a diverse range of industries, to develop their staff and the teams they lead. Emphasis is placed on developing skills and behaviours that will have a direct impact on individuals and organisations when back in the workplace.
Simply the Best Training (STBT), headed up by Julie Thomas, have over 30 years experience of designing and delivering training and consultancy to the agriculture and land-based sectors in Wales. They are a licensed provider for Lantra Awards. STBT have worked alongside Farming Connect delivering on the Skills and Agrisgop Programmes.With this background knowledge and experience they are fully conversant with the needs and requirements of the agriculture and land-based sector in Wales. Although based in South Wales STBT deliver agricultural business training throughout Wales as part of the Young Entrant Support Scheme (YESS).
And guess what? Both organisations are farm owners in Wales so we’ve earned our wellies!
Call of the Wild is one of the first organisations in Wales to achieve the quality award and become an endorsed training provider with Leadership and Management Wales (LMW), the centre of Excellence for Leadership and Management Skills in Wales
You Just Want To Get On With Your Job So Why Should You Attend?
There are four main reasons:-
- This Nationally recognised accredited qualification is 70% funded
- This is an opportunity to grow your business, improve business efficiency & improve profitability
- Minimum time away from work – Level 4 Award only requires 4 days over 2 months
- Call of the Wild Ltd, in partnership with Simply the Best, have been approved by LANTRA to deliver this course based on our quality and experience
- You’ll see immediate tangible benefits whether you’re a micro-business with 2 or 3 staff, a large business or a member-led organisation
- These qualifications are designed in the context of the agriculture and land-based sector needs in Wales
What Are These Business Improvement Qualifications – What Will You learn?
These are a number of qualifications designed specifically to meet the needs of agriculture and land-based businesses. The objective is to improve the performance of your business/organisation and ultimately it’s profitability. They will:-
- Provide learners with relevant skills and practical tools and techniques which they can transfer back to the workplace to improve the business
- Offer learners the opportunity to achieve a recognised national qualification
- Address your sector issues and problems. Given our understanding of your business with over 30 years experience of the rural economy we can get to the heart of the matter such as problems with herdsmen, not enough time in the day, where to start with a diversification idea, membership retention and recruitment issues and so on.
The qualifications are as follows. Click the links for more information:-
|Level 5 Award in Principles of Corporate Governance||23rd September 2014||North Wales||LQ414392PCG||Lapsed|
|Level 5 Award in Financial Awareness for Managers||20th November 2014||Bala||LQ5144722FAM||Lapsed|
|"||20th January 2015||Builth Wells||LQ5150423FAM||Lapsed|
|"||11th February 2015||Carmarthen||LQ5150725FAM||Yes|
|Level 5 Award in Marketing Principles||14th January 2015||Builth Wells||LQ5150226MP||Lapsed|
|"||5th February 2015||Builth Wells||LQ5150628MP||Yes|
What Are the Benefits
- Resources and projects are managed more effectively and efficiently
- Innovative ideas are uncovered
- Staff are more confident in managing relationships with customers, suppliers, contractors and colleagues
- Staff retention and absence levels improve
All of this translates into growth, efficiency and improved profitability for your business
Who are Our Qualifications Suitable For?
These are suitable for anyone looking to grow their business or improve business performance and efficiencies. For instance if you’re a farm owner/manager, head herdsman, estate manager, farm shop owner, equine yard owner/manager, membership officer, production manager, machinery engineer, florist, forester, groundsman, green keepers, florists and so on these qualifications will benefit you.
You may be:
- Looking to improve performance of a member-led organisation
- Seeking ideas and good practice to enable you to grow your business
- Leading a team for the first time or having issues with staff such as herdsmen
- Looking at succession planning where you’re taking on greater responsibility
- Considering farm diversification to widen your income base
- Able to manage a farm but can you manage a diversified rural enterprise
- Dealing with change, challenges or uncertainty
So if you’re in the agriculture, animal care, animal technology, aquaculture, environmental conservation, equine, farriery, fencing, fisheries management, floristry, game and wildlife management, land-based engineering, horticulture, landscaping & sports turf, trees & timber these course will be of benefit.
Our Delivery Style – Learning By Doing With Less Chalk & Talk
We have a practical down to earth approach which differs from a more traditional college classroom type course. As farm owners ourselves we aim to make our courses as relevant, engaging, enjoyable and rewarding as possible. You don’t need an academic background to do the qualifications as we offer a blended approach to delivery to suit everyone’s learning needs. This includes:-
- A classroom element
- Learning by doing not just listening
- Learning from each other for best practice within the sector in Wales
Our qualifications are designed so as to have relevance to the workplace with key learning taken back to make a real difference to personal performance and business efficiency.
The “involve me and I will understand‘ principle is the one we follow. All our courses are designed to offer hands-on experience by doing and not just listening – less chalk and talk as with more traditional courses. We believe that this action based approach, through experiential learning is the most productive in terms of retention of learning and the beneficial transfer of that learning to your workplace.
Here’s an example of a farm diversification project and what training and development can do for your business
Comments From Those Who’ve Attended Our Past Courses
“The facilitator has very good techniques and is a brilliant tutor” “Very interesting with different and stimulating ways of learning” “The information is delivered very subtly to suit all our needs and making us do the work enables a deeper understanding. He is a good facilitator. Very good, great ideas and good approach to learning”
“It sounded interesting and worthwhile, I needed to gain more professionalism in my leadership, I wanted to improve my management skills.” “Felt that the degree I have just completed did not cover leadership and management in as much detail as I need to carry out my role effectively.” “Great for CPD and funded.”