Managing is about:-
- Making plans and sorting out details
- Setting up a structure so the plans can be met
- Monitoring progress against those plan
- Producing the results others are expecting
Leadership is about-:
- Developing a vision for the future and where we want to be
- Getting people on board and giving them direction
- Motivating , inspiring and energising people
- Producing change
However in reality it’s difficult to separate the two as many jobs involve both managing and leading.
For more information visit our leadership development page.