Why do an apprenticeship
The Career Development Professional level 6 higher apprenticeship is for individuals who want to train to be career advisers or career leaders and are currently working in a career development role. The qualification is approved by the Career Development Institute and gives eligibility to the Register of Career Development Professionals.
There is a misconception that apprenticeships are for school leavers, are career entry level or are just for tradespeople, but this is no longer the case. Apprenticeships are a great way of developing as a professional and gaining a degree-level qualification. They also provide the flexibility to do it alongside your job.
Call of the Wild offers a flexible approach to your apprenticeship – you can start whenever suits you, our training and assessments are all online and we adapt our delivery to your learning style.
18 to 24 Months
What You Get
- Full Level 6 Apprenticeship qualification
- OCR NVQ Level 6 Diploma in Career Guidance and Development (equivalent to bachelor’s degree with honours)
How Much Does it Cost to Do the Apprenticeship
Fully funded for levy-paying employers or a 5% contribution for SMEs (£450). Take a look at our Apprenticeship Levy FAQs for more information. If you’re not eligible for funding or the funded route isn’t for you, we also offer this as a QCF LEVEL 6 Diploma in Career Guidance and Development.
Who is the Career Development Professional Level 6 Apprenticeship Suitable For?
Typical job titles include career adviser, career coach, career guidance counsellor, careers leader, career consultant, career development practitioner, employability adviser & workforce development officer.
- Your role and experience should broadly assist individuals and/or organisations before or during career transitions to develop long and short-term career strategies.
- Applicants are also required to have a level 2 (GCSE A to C / 9 to 4) in English and Maths or be working towards this level.
- You need to demonstrate your motivation and commitment to achieving this qualification. If you are working with young people or vulnerable adults you will be required to hold DBS clearance.
- Must be living and working in England.
Why Choose Call of the Wild for your Apprenticeship
- A wealth of experience with over 20 years in the field
- Delivering qualifications for over 5 years
- Our learners have a 95% success rate with NVQ Diploma
- Flexible to suit your availability – we don’t have set intakes, you can start when it suits you. Our training and assessments are all online at a time to work around you and we adapt our delivery to your learning style.
- We believe that learning should be individual to every person so we can offer a fully bespoke learning programme
- People are at the core of everything we do, so you are not just another anonymous learner but an individual who we build relationships with
“I have really enjoyed my learning experience completing my diploma with COTW and with Anne as my assessor. It’s an excellent course, a great delivery platform and I will highly recommend it to all. I hope to get to meet Anne in person one day to thank her properly.”
Natalie McCombe – 2021
“I have recently completed a Level 6 Diploma in Career Guidance through Call of the Wild. I have been working with assessor Anne Tanner over these past months and I wanted to contact you to say what a superb job she does. Anne has been supportive, encouraging, flexible, reliable and a pleasure to work with through my studies. As a leaner, I could not have asked for anything more. She is a great asset. Thanks to you all and best wishes.”