Diversity And Inclusion Training
About The Course
“ The organisational cultural nuances of equality and diversity: How to create and change your culture to improve staff recruitment and retention, harness the skills and abilities of all staff to improve organisational performance.”
Successful diversity programmes have clear objectives and are led from the top promoting active involvement across organization. (D&I) is more than employee representation, it requires the practice of tolerance and flexibility as one size does not fit all.
This diversity and inclusion workshop will explore How to create and change your culture to improve staff recruitment and retention, harness the skills and abilities of all staff to improve organisational performance.”
Who Should Attend?
This training is designed for policy makers, managers and those involved in implementing Diversity and Inclusion programmes. Sessions are interactive and challenging, creating space for exploration.
What Challenges Do (D&I) Present To The Organisation?
- What will (D&I) look and feel like?
- How to keep (D&I) at the forefront.
- The role of KPIs and performance management systems in embeding (D&I).
- Empower managers through positive action practices (where possible, give them choice and decision-making power within a (D&I) framework).
- Hold managers accountable for their progress towards organisational (D&I) objectives.
- Ensure that coaching or mentoring is available to all (or all within a targeted group) and widely promoted (an opt-in basis prevents it from becoming a box-ticking exercise).
- Understanding HR implications, Person ‘fit’ versus diversity
It will address learning from the perspective of others, each influencing the other and include the celebration of identity as a ‘Mosaic not Melting pot’
It uses Scott Keller and Colin Price model, to identify five key steps for successful diversity programmes.
- Aspire – Where do we want to go?
- Assess – How ready are we to go there?
- Architect – What do we need to do to get there?
- Act – How do we manage the journey?
- Advance – How do we keep moving forward?
It will also investigate impact of inertia and the importance of meaningful KPIs
Benefits And Outcomes
Improved work environment
Understanding of diversity and other cultures
Less legal challenges