RoSPA Level 3 Award for Manual Handling Trainers
The aim of this course is to provide learners with the knowledge, skills and confidence to conduct effective manual handling training.
This will enable your organisation to provide far more relevant training that is focused on the current working environment, and therefore eliminate the need to employ external/generic manual handling training providers.
Upon completion of the course, learners will be able to:
- Understand the reasons for managing manual handling risks in the workplace
- Understand the principles and practice of Manual Handling Risk Assessments in the workplace
- Understand how the principles of safe handling can contribute to improving the health and safety and
well-being of the workforce
- Conduct a pre-transfer assessment/dynamic assessment
- Apply efficient movement principles and safe practice to the movement of loads
- Produce a plan for a manual handling training session
- Deliver an effective manual handling training session
- Evaluate a training session
Why Choose This Course?
Still wasting money on external/generic manual handling trainers?
“Off-the-shelf manual handling training should become a thing of the past”
That’s according to new advice released by the Health and Safety Executive (HSE).
“Any such training should be based on observations of current working practices and should be informed by the views, and experience of the workforce.”
Therefore, who better to conduct this training than those conducting the activity?
This course will enable delegates to deliver in-house and bespoke manual handling training, eliminating the need to employ external providers. As a result, it will save money and ensure training is far more relevant to the workforce. Upon successful completion of the written and practical assessments during this 3 day course, learners will be awarded the well respected RoSPA level 3 Award for Manual Handling Trainer’s (RQF).