Reporting to: Director
Primary Location: Flexible working (Remotely, CotW Office (Seven Sisters) & Training Centre (Abercrave) + occasional travel)
Package & Benefits: On application by e-mailing email@example.com
Since 1998 Call of the Wild has helped a wide range of clients, from diverse industries, to develop their leaders and the teams they lead. The company has grown to a point where we are proud to call Vodafone, the BBC, Credit Suisse, Cable and Wireless and Panasonic our clients. Our expertise lies in the design and facilitation of bespoke courses with outcomes that will have a direct impact on individuals and teams in the workplace.
Call of the Wild has grown into a business that employs over 30 people, owns a 70 acre training centre and bunkhouse with cafe/bar. These all contribute greatly to the local economy. The community within which we work is very important to us. We pride ourselves on the fact that we use our own staff (or close associates), provide the core activities and we can even accommodate you at our countryside retreat in the Brecon Beacons National Park.
Today, although Call of the Wild has its roots firmly in Wales it also has a presence across the UK, running courses regularly in London, Birmingham, the South East and South West. We have also now developed client in North America, South East Asia and Europe.
Call of the Wild is an independently-owned, limited company set up by friends who have grown up together and share a passion for experiential learning and development. They are local lads who have known each other since school. Having studied at University, they returned to their home town to develop a business which encompassed their interests. Having the same background and knowing each other since childhood means they all have the same core values which builds trust and respect within the management team.
The setting up of Call of the Wild provided the opportunity that not only provided a living but provided the chance to give something back to the community. This is very much part of our Company ethos.
The Purpose Of The Position
This is a new role is perfect for someone with great energy, looking to consolidate and develop their marketing and communications management (and marketing leadership) experience; looking to learn, whilst making a dynamic, professional, hands-on contribution to the success of the business from the very start.
The Marketing & Communications Manager will be the marketing / comms lead within the business reporting directly to the Senior Management Team, responding to and advising on tactical and strategic marketing planning, challenges, developments and opportunities.
Whilst managing the marketing resources, running campaigns and maximising all communication channels, they will have a keen eye for detail, will understand how best to manipulate all communications channels and marketing / branding assets, and will be excited about the results they achieve.
These will be:-
(i) Development and delivery of the annual Marketing & Communications Plan – including routine monitoring, evaluation and reporting of all activity such as:
- Management of all social media platforms – campaign planning (paid and organic), engaging communications, content and messaging, increasing levels of reach, engagement and conversion.
- Working with and management of our PR agency and other external agencies to manage PR and other communications activity.
- Email campaigns, newsletter distribution, CRM management, segmentation and targeting.
- Website management including use of CMS, developing content, SEO development, performance analytics, etc.
- Design / development of collateral and copy for digital campaigns and promotions – working with the external design agency if / when required (eg. expanding and developing brand assets etc.)
- New markets, new products / services – assessing and reporting on the external market opportunities, challenges and threats.
(ii) Marketing Leadership:
- Being the marketing lead within the business; developing others to become marketing champions and assets through better customer service, becoming better communicators, more effective users of social media, etc., etc.
- Managing the ‘marketing relationships’ with all external partners including the PR / design agencies, media, delivery partners, professional / trade associations, community groups, etc. as required.
- Responding to and collaborating well with internal stakeholders such as directors, team managers and centre leads – maintaining strong, effective internal relationships, advising on best approaches to marketing and communications activity, and building trust and confidence.
- Supporting colleagues when preparing presentations, proof-reading bid documents, corporate annual reviews, etc.
- Working with the Directors and Management Team to deliver consistent, worthwhile internal communications.
- Brand development and leadership – reviewing visual assets, strategic messaging and brand narrative to ensure it remains fresh, meaningful and engaging.
- Positioning – ensuring all activity reinforces the company’s leadership position; one that is community-centred, that create tangible value for organisations and for their people.
Key Experience, Behaviours, Knowledge and Skills
- Degree level or equivalent in a related subject.
- Experience in a marketing management role with evidence of preparing marketing plans, executing them and evaluating / reporting on the outcomes.
- Personable, reliable and quickly instils trust and confidence in people – a proven energiser, able to bring others on board, to excite them and to collaborate well to achieve shared / business and marketing goals.
- To be able to work flexibly when reasonably required, in terms of working hours and location.
- Excellent familiarity of digital marketing, social media, design, CMS, analytics and CRM packages, software and systems – and ability to quickly learn and maximise other marketing-related technology
- Someone who ‘gets’ digital marketing, eg. beyond basic SEO and social media.
- A confident communicator – orally, in writing, via presentations – and be persuasive, authentic and demonstrates humility.
- Well-organised, high level of accuracy and excellent attention to detail.
- Values driven and commercially astute.
- Professional marketing qualification (if none, then a willingness to undertake such a course – supported by the business).
- Experience in the training sector or professional / B2B services
- Welsh language skills (not essential)
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace.