We have a number of courses which can be delivered online using a series of resources such as video conferencing, webinars, videos, podcasts and learners having access to our online development academy. Here’s a sample of courses which can be delivered but please do make contact if we can design a specific programme for you.
Health and Safety
- The Essentials of Health and Safety For Home Workers
- Infection Prevention and Control
- How To Maintain The Mental Health and Wellbeing of Staff During Isolation
- DSE Assessment Tools
- Risk Assessments at Home
- First Aid at Home
- Returning To Work Risk Assessments
Leadership & Management
Bitesize to Full Development Programmes
- Virtual / Remote leadership. This would test even the most experienced leader and this session could deal with how to interface with staff who they think they know well who have almost become a stranger as they deal with their own fears and insecurities. The key is to consider the personal impact of the situation and any direction they may offer to their team;
- Personal Resilience. Without the support of the group within the workplace some people will have no one to reassure/ motivate/ understand situations. There may be pressure to be strong & to just get on with it from well meaning but uninformed social contacts. Also in the close confines of the current situation there may be social difficulties when this closeness is new or never before experienced;
- Crisis Leadership. An extension of the conflict and stress sessions covered in the training programme. The trick here is to identify if the crisis is social or work based and then to analyse and synthesise the situation with an end product of an action plan;
- Comms from a distance. The training programme constantly stressed the importance of professional, competent communication. Know your people was the golden thread. Until things return to normal we have a new golden thread….All the rules are out of the window! Everything they thought they knew about their teams and co workers has to be put aside until it can be verified in the context of today’s world;
- Time and Space Management. For many people being home and juggling all of the social demands alongside ‘working’ is difficult. It is vital that people understand that their working day is will run alongside and around their life. They should also( if possible) create a working space in which they can complete tasks with a minimum of distractions;
- Guilt management. People will feel guilty, especially as time goes on, because they are being paid and do not feel they are as productive or busy as they normally are. Managers should point out that they may not be as busy but they are as essential as they always have been;
- Flexible Working. The working day no longer has any time constraints. If someone gets up to feed a child at 05.00 and then does an hour or two of work, that is fine. They should be taking regular breaks at irregular hours.
- The Transition From Home to Work. We now are starting to approach a new phase in the business mindset given the loosening of lockdown restrictions. People are starting to move from the crisis management mindset to the recovery planning and returning to work. This brings it’s own challenges not least trying to address the anxieties of the your staff.
- How To Create A High Performance Culture in a Virtual World. The old normal has gone, what is new normal or even the abnormal in terms of building a culture in a virtual environment.
Accredited Individual Institute Of Leadership and Management Units
These units are standalone qualifications which can be completed in a day and following the completion of a short assignment. Topics include
- Leading Innovation and Change
- Managing Equality and Diversity in Own Area
- Understanding the Management Role to Improve Management Performance
- Understanding and Developing Relationships in the Workplace
- Managing Personal Development
- Managing and Implementing Change in the Workplace
- Managing Improvement
- Making a Financial Case
- Developing Critical Thinking
- Managing for Efficiency and Effectiveness.
- Motivating people in the Workplace
- One-to-one coaching sessions