Administration of Medical Gases Training Course
Administration of Medical Gases Training Course – 1 Day
The purpose of this is to provide the learner with the skills, knowledge and understanding required to provide medical oxygen and Entonox to a patient in accordance with medical gases administration guidelines and service protocols.
This course is aimed to those that are likely to or already do fill the role of a carer, whether that’s a community support worker, first responder or a carer.
What Makes Our Offer Different
Our training is provided by ex-front line Army medics with 12 years real life experience. Our expert team will give you the confidence, knowledge and skills to be a successful first aider in the workplace. Our lead trainer with military combat medic experience has military commendations for bravery and top level commander awards . An authentic individual she is not just a trainer but brings real world inspirational experience to our programmes for our clients to benefit from. These are not just classroom chalk and talk trainers – they can walk the talk being real people with real life experiences to help learners.
When you’re in a stressful situation and need to administer gases you want to have been trained by people that have used it themselves in real life situations. What separates us are our real life experiences. Our ex-military front line medics have done and used everything you are going to be taught. Not just a PowerPoint more a case of powerful points that will help you get the most out of the training and make it relevant to your needs.
Our simple 3 hour oxygen and Entonox (gas and air) course will give you the confidence and competence to deliver these important medical gases to your patients.
No previous experience is required
The content of the course will cover how to deal with the following:
• Properties and benefits of oxygen therapy
• Guidelines for the use of oxygen therapy
• Indications for the use of oxygen
• Contraindications prohibiting use of oxygen
• Dangers of using compressed gas
• Outline health and safety rules for the use, storage, and handling of oxygen
• Pre-use operational checks
• Safe administration of oxygen using the required flow rate for: Nasal cannula, Simple/venture mask, Non re-breather mask, Bag, valve and mask
• Guidelines for the use Entonox therapy
• Properties and benefits of Entonox therapy
• Indications for the use of Entonox therapy
• Complications of environmental temperature
• Cautions and contraindications for use of Entonox
• Pre-use operational checks
• Safe administration of Entonox
In addition to this we can also provide a Patient Handling Course, this is for those that have a duty of care for those that have Mental Health conditions
How is the Course Delivered?
The course is mainly theory based and is delivered over 3 hours.
We are a multi-award winning Company delivering training for nearly 20 years. As an established course provider, we are accredited with the awarding body Qualsafe Awards. This course is delivered by our experienced trainers who have extensive knowledge and experience in First Aid across numerous job roles.
This is optional, if you require in-house training there will be no charge for the certificate. If you would like a Qualsafe certificate it is an extra £10 per person.
£60 including certificate and resource tools and books. Price excludes VAT.
This is up to you, it can be held at our residential training centre , we can come to you, or we can hire venues at a convenient location.