ILM Awards and Certificates
These are the Institute of Leadership and Management (ILM) training and vocational qualifications offered by Call of the Wild as an accredited ILM centre. ILM awards and certificates are made up of mandatory units – comprising the core topics of a particular subject – plus a choice of optional units that cover a range of general and specialist topics ILM’s unitised qualifications come in three different sizes:
- Awards –concise qualifications covering the basic knowledge and skills in the subject
- Certificates – for those wanting a more comprehensive programme in their chosen subject
- Diplomas – for those looking to gain the complete range of skills, knowledge and understanding in their subject
The awards, certificates and diplomas at each level are designed to encourage progression. This means credits gained in the smaller sized qualification can be carried forward in to the larger, enabling individuals to progress their learning without duplication.
Choice of level for ILM Awards and Certificates
Institute of Leadership and Management qualifications are available at Levels 2 to 7 catering for all levels of expertise and experience. For example an aspiring or newly appointed manager could take an ILM Level 3 Award or Certificate in Leadership, while a senior manager would be more suited to an ILM Level 7 Award, Certificate or Diploma in Leadership.
The following programmes are available from Call of the Wild:-
- ILM Level 2 Award in Team Leading
- ILM Level 2 Certificate in Team Leading
- ILM Level 2 Award in Effective Team Member Skills
- ILM Level 2 Certificate in Effective Team Member Skills
- ILM Level 3 Award in First Line Management
- ILM Level 3 Certificate in First Line Management
- ILM Level 3 Award in Workplace Coaching
- ILM Level 3 Award in Leadership and Management Skills
- ILM Level 3 Certificate in Leadership and Management Skills
- ILM Level 3 Award in Workplace Coaching
- ILM Level 3 Certificate in Coaching and Mentoring
- ILM Level 4 Award in Management
- ILM Level 4 Certificate in Management
- ILM Level 4 Award in Leadership
- ILM Level 4 Certificate in Leadership
- ILM Level 5 Award in Leadership
- ILM Level 5 Certificate in Leadership
- ILM Level 7 Strategic Leadership
- ILM Level 3 and Level 5 Open Courses
- ILM Endorsed & Development Awards
Incorporated into the above programmes we also use:-
– ILM 72 Leadership Metric; and
– ILM MTQ 48 Mental Toughness Questionnaire
Benefits of Working with Call of the Wild ILM Programmes
1. Proven Track Record
Currently delivering an ILM Level 3 Award in Leadership for in excess of 200 apprentices with Network Rail. We can deliver ILM awards and certificates from Level 3 to Level 7.
2. Multi-Award Winning Company
- Welsh Small Business of the Year
- National Team Building Company of the Year
- Leading Wales Awards 2010 Winners
- SMARTA 100 Listed Top Small Companies in the UK 2010
- Barclays Bank Finance Academy Outstanding Training Provider 2008 (Finalist).
3. Quality of our Delivery Staff
Here are just some of the staff we use for the preparation and delivery of our ILM programmes.
Dr. Barrie Kennard is the Academic Standards and Quality Manager for Leadership and Management Wales, the Welsh Assembly Government funded Centre of Excellence for Leadership and Management Skills in Wales. . He is the external assessor for an MSC in Leadership Capability at the Scottish Centre of Work based Learning in Glasgow Caledonian University
He was the Lead Trainer on the National Mentoring Pilot Programme for DfES and on the Aim Higher National Mentoring Scheme.
Lieutenant Colonel Nick Arding OBE has an impressive CV. After an operational deployment to Afghanistan in 2002 he then led the Royal Navy Everest West Ridge 2003 Expedition as part of which he affected the highest ever successful rescue on Everest. He was awarded the Royal Humane Society Bronze Medal. He was awarded the OBE in 2005. Nick can transfer his inspirational experiences and the powerful lessons learned from leading teams in extreme situations to the business world for organisations and individuals to maximise the return they get from training and development.
Barbara Chidgey With over 31 years in the Public Sector with the responsibility for learning and development including the position of Chief Executive of a £2 million organisation. For over 20 years in Education, she was responsible for designing, coordinating, facilitating and contributing to over 500 days and part days of professional development and training in Local Authorities.
PSMW consultant for Leadership and Management development across the Public Service in Wales, Facilitator for the National College of Leadership in Schools and Children’s Service for the Professional Partners Training programme, Swansea College – deliverer of CMI level 7 Leadership in Coaching and Mentoring
4. Experiential learning
We frequently make use of experiential learning in the delivery of our programmes, when appropriate, as we firmly believe in the value of learning by doing.
5. Blended Learning – Why is it so Important?
Our unique approach to the delivery of ILM accredited programmes offers a flexible, engaging and collaborative solution for our clients. It combines the best of traditional delivery methods such as face to face workshops and one to one coaching with experiential learning, work based learning together with our own online web enabled Development Academy. This we have found meets the objectives of our clients in the current climate in delivering measurable outcomes, within the very strict confines of budget, geography and time away from the office.
Our own web enabled learning resource, the Call of the Wild Development Academy, offers a guided learning platform containing over 7,000 pages of content focusing on the delivery and support of our ILM programmes and is accessible to the learner at all times whilst taking the qualification. Content management capability ensures this can be used as a one-stop shop for all our ILM programmes.
It offers learners a 24-hour support and learning resource that facilitates the delivery of programme information, theoretical knowledge, discussion forum and assessment tools.
6. Measurable Outcomes
Our methods help ensure learning is transferred back to the workplace which mean that desired outcomes are achieved, are measurable for a return on your investment.
For more information on the above ILM qualifications and programmes contact our ILM Course Director