Tony Faulkner – Profile
Tony Faulkner has been working in the area of performance psychology and coaching in the English Premier League for the past 17 years. He has researched and developed a working model to profile and develop the psychological, emotional and social traits required to maximize performance. The profile creates a tangible analysis of the players so we are then able to devise our ‘player specific development programmes (P.S.D.P).
The profile model is used to aid recruitment and train the brain Tony is engaged in a PhD research project designing intentional training programmes for football players that develop the psychological characteristics of excellence and is transferable to the business environment. His aim is to enhance future coaching, leadership and management practice’s through the understanding of neuroscience. He is presently consulting with professional football clubs within the English Premier League, Europe and the USA and corporate business.
Director of Provelop at Provelop Your Game
September 2008 – Present (5 years 5 months)
Performance and Development Manager at Manchester City Football Club
June 2010 – October 2012 (2 years 5 months)
Head of Performance and Medical BRFC Academy at Blackburn Rovers FC
December 1999 – August 2009 (9 years 9 months)
Business Development Manager for Euroupe at Winning Ent Ltd
January 2004 – July 2007 (3 years 7 months)
- Appointed to provide leadership and strategic direction to a project, managing highly sensitive stakeholder relationships across multiple geographies and delivering successful programmes within time and budget.
- Coached and developed a high performance team of business and sports coaches to provide high quality in-house and external professional development programmes.
- Project managed selection and implementation of financial systems to include marketing, programme development, hiring of staff to ensure zero impact to business.
- Invited to Board in recognition of contributions to business growth.
Performance Coach Manchester City FC at Manchester City Football Club
May 1992 – December 1999 (7 years 8 months)
Professional Footballer at Bristol City Football Club
May 1989 – May 1993 (4 years 1 month)
Skills & Expertise
- Neuroscience of Performance
- Behavioral Neuroscience
- People Development
- Vision Development