CIEH Level 2 Award in Health and Safety in the Workplace
This qualification is designed to ensure that all employees are aware of their own safety and the safety of customers, contractors and the public. It can be tailored to business and individual needs to make the learning experience relevant and fit for purpose.
Employers are responsible for providing safe and healthy workplace conditions as well as the right systems and methods for safe activities. Nevertheless employees also have a vital part to play in the equation. They need the right knowledge and the right attitude which demands proper training in the basics of health and safety, as well as specific training for individual tasks.
No previous health and safety knowledge is required.
• Understanding the principles of health and safety and accident prevention;
• Ability to contribute to any health and safety management system;;
• Understand the importance of risk assessment as a technique for accident and ill health prevention;
• Understand the responsibilities placed on employers and employees;
• Understand the hazard, risk and main causes of harm to workers (manual handling, hazardous substances, exposure to noise and vibration);
• Understand the importance of following systems, procedures and rules;
• Understand how individual action can reduce risks to health and safety;
• Appreciate how workplace equipment and task design affect health and safety.
You will complete a multiple choice exam at the end of the course.
How Is The Course Delivered?
It is a one day course delivered in six hours tailored to suit the needs of your organisation.
As an established course provider, COTW Training is accredited with the Institute of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH), City and Guilds and the Chartered Institute of Environmental Health (CIEH).
This course is delivered by our experienced trainers who have extensive Health and Safety experience across numerous sectors.
A certificate is issued by CIEH denoting successful achievement of the course.
£115.00 per person.
TBA with the client.